available early 2018

Workshops ONLINE
8-week BEGINNERS
INTERMEDIATE, ADVANCED
6-wk TRADITIONAL SHADING
Join me at Drawspace.com
full details

Printing art paper for pencil drawing?

For registration, logging in or any other queries but first click the FAQ button above for answers. And post your suggestions here for making The Drawing Forum the best online drawing community.

Moderator: Mike Sibley

Printing art paper for pencil drawing?

Postby PogArt » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:05 pm

Hi my friends.
Few days ago I've started searching for some art printing paper to try it out for art drawing copy prints.

I've found one as an example :
Canon Museum Etching A4 350 gsm
Description is as follow ;
This superb, heavyweight fine art paper has a warm, natural white textured surface finish producing gorgeous, saturated colors and deep blacks - a top choice for printing etchings, lithography, drawings, and for creating museum-quality art and proto prints.

Another one I like seems to be even better? ;
Hahnemuhle GERMAN ETCHING 310 gsm
Description ;
The heavy-weight etching board German Etching has a matt, velvety surface and the attractive warm whiteshade of a traditional artist’s board. This genuine mould-made paper is ideal for sophisticated originalprints. This archive grade paper is one of the most popular media worldwide for art reproductions.

My question is simply.
Can we use printing paper for our needs to produce pencil art drawings please? If we can then It could be simpler to purchase good quality printing paper and use it for both - drawing and printing copies of our pencil art?
I'm consider this as a good idea but I need you to help me out basing on your experience please?
It's bothering me, because I'm trying different drawing paper sheets like Arches, Strathmore, Bristol ...
To be honest? I haven't found yet one that could become my favorite and yet I need to buy separately a proper paper for my commercial copy prints?
Any advices please?
PogArt
Artur Adamczyk
http://www.pogart.com

Return to QUESTIONS, SUGGESTIONS and SUPPORT