November 17 - 19, 2017

Subject: Smooth Skin

More workshops:
full details
Pencil Kit & DVD
Everything I supply in my live workshops
full details

Drawspace

For registration, logging in or any other queries but first click the FAQ button above for answers. And post your suggestions here for making The Drawing Forum the best online drawing community.

Moderator: Mike Sibley

Drawspace

Postby DubWoods501 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:35 am

I have been a member of this forum for almost a year now. I am always trying to learn from other artists. I am interested in knowing about drawspace.com.. I love to draw and I am always trying to get better. I have been drawing since I was a kid. I took some classes in high school, but other than that, I have been pretty much trying to teach myself. I have recently tried to get back serious about drawing in the last few years, mostly drawing portraits. I have bought a few books including Mike's book Drawing from Line to Life. It is an excellent book, but I still have trouble comprehending some things. I am always trying to improve and become a better artist overall, and I think drawspace.com could really help me improve my foundation and develop my technical skills. I have been having doubts though, because I have read people say on other sites, that you can't really learn to draw from online classes. There is only so much you can learn and it would be a waste of money. I disagree, and think it could be a huge help. I think I can learn and improve a lot. I am interested in Mike's and a few other classes on drawspace.com. I was wondering has anybody had any experience with the site and is it worth the money for the courses.
-Chris

Re: Drawspace

Postby Laurene » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:09 pm

Hi,

I audited Mike's intermediate course at drawspace.com a while ago and I recently took the advanced course. I think it's a very good way to learn. The only thing that would be better in my opinion would be taking a live workshop with Mike, although there are a lot of advantages to taking the course online. One is that not only can Mike give you personalized attention that he wouldn't be able to give you in a workshop situation, you can also learn a lot from Mike's critiques of other students' work. If you're willing to do the work and participate fully, I can guarantee you that you'll come out of it 8 weeks later as a much stronger and more confident artist.

Postby DubWoods501 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:23 am

Hi Laurene,

Thank you very much for your helpful response ! It gave me the confidence I needed to take the courses. I have just signed up for Mike's beginner course !
-Chris

Site Admin

Postby Mike Sibley » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:37 pm

...and Mike's just written to you to say "Welcome" :)

Good to have you with us Chris.
Mike Sibley
Book: Drawing from Line to Life
Blog : Drawing from Line to Life blog
Visit my Starving Artists for free and subscription galleries

Postby DubWoods501 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:34 am

Thanks for the welcome Mike ! :D

I'm glad to be with you and I'm looking forward to learning from you.
-Chris

Return to QUESTIONS, SUGGESTIONS and SUPPORT